Monday, September 28, 2009

It Came Back!

My heart came home yesterday!

Sam left Friday morning on his very first trip away from home without me.  Scott took him with him to his parents’ house and I was left all by myself in a very quiet house.  Two days later, my boys returned and I got the best hug in the history of the universe from my sweet little boy!

Thankfully, when Sam got out of the car, he seemed as happy to see me as I was to see him.  I picked him up, hugged him, and set him on the edge of the van.  We both just kept holding each other without a word being spoken.  His embrace was just as tight as mine.  I kept wondering if I was the one determining how long the hug would go on, but no, I was just following Sam on this one.  His head was rested on my shoulder and, ooh, my favorite part, his little hands were patting me! I love it when he does that!  Oh, the hug seemed to go on for days and I never want to forget how loved I felt in that moment.  I truly hope that’s the way I make him feel everyday.

On a different note, near the end of summer, Sam all of a sudden became a very expressive, imaginative, creative little boy.  Not quite 3 1/2 at the time, there was a definite shift in how dramatic his face became when he talked.  Oh, the gestures and expressions!  We’ve said a few times that the entertainment alone is worth all the money we spent on conceiving him!

I finally found a short video taken as Sam was playing with a train app on Daddy’s iPhone. I hope it makes you smile! Sam watches it and bursts out laughing!

Not the best sample, but a sample nonetheless of Sam’s ever expressive face:

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Yay! Sam's home! See, dad did okay getting him back in one piece. Good for both of you :)