Friday, February 18, 2011

Becoming the Mother I Want to Be Part 1

Disclaimer:  No part of this post is in reference to my husband.

If there is one part of my life where I am completely confident, it is my role as Sam’s mother.  I thank God every day for trusting me to raise his special angel.  I feel blessed beyond words and I truly believe that though I am not perfect, I am the perfect mother for Sam.

No one else knows my child like I do.

No one else knows how to be his mother.

No one else could have raised Sam to become the exceptionally cool kid that he is.

I never have to worry about being judged for how I raise my child because there is not one fiber of my being that is the least bit concerned about what others think.  God gave Sam to me and I never doubt God.  (Well, I did once.  It is too hard to attend a funeral for an enfant without doubting him. But I got over it.) And though I clearly do not need the extra vote of confidence, my mother (the best mom in the world) makes me feel like I am the best mom in the world.

So, what kind of mother do I want to become?  More on that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, here are a few photos from our recent trip to the state museum.  Just because…

DSC_0013DSC_0014DSC_0016DSC_0018DSC_0020DSC_0032DSC_0033

No comments: