Monday, March 3, 2008

Winds (and Leaves) of Change

Well, it's over. The big interview has come and gone. It was actually the easiest, strongest interview I've ever had. More like a conversation, really, with a great group of ladies.

And then I cried all the way back to my school. The thought of leaving my school, my team, my colleagues, my kids and my friends is gut-wrenching!!! I haven't been offered the job, but even the thought of the changes coming next year, whether I stay or go, is painful.

For my Reading Recovery friends who are facing the same decisions I'm facing, against our will, I am told that this too shall pass. I am told that change is really a good thing even though it sometimes hurts. I am told that when doors close, windows open. These things I am told and on a deep level, I believe them. But in the midst of it all, it is very hard to see that the world will be right again.

So, I lean on my two mottoes and I pass them onto my friends because together, and only together, we will get through this:

God will not give us more than we can handle.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.


Thanks for letting me pout! I think this will be a very long week...


And since I created this blog for the sole purpose of bragging about my family (and because I need a smile), here are my "pictures of the day". These were taken in November and are some of my all time favorites.




No comments: