Monday, April 14, 2008

A Fork in the Road

For those of you keeping track of my career drama recently(and I know gazillions are reading this), today was the day. I got an official job offer and I now have to start thinking about what I'm going to do about it. Actually, my principal (of all people) told me on Friday that I was going to be recommended for the position after they called her for a recommendation and she asked them on the phone. So, here I am, standing and staring blankly at the fork in the road.

My mother and I had a conversation about how hard this decision was to make. She said that I had already made so many big decisions in my life and had done fine. But I realized that no, I can't remember ever having to make a decision like this. All the big moves I've made just happened, or I chose the clear path without having to deliberate. Go to College? Sure. Be a teacher? Of course. Move to Chicago with Scott? Absolutely! Have a baby? Sign me up! Leave a fabulous job that I love and colleagues that I adore for (lots) more money and possibly sit in a holding pattern while I establish my reputation again? Whoa, let me think about this for a while. (Did you hear the sound of brakes screeching? I made that sound while I wrote that part.)

So, I'm expecting this to be one of the longest weeks of my life and if you have any advice or can think of some questions I should be asking myself or the new district, please let me know. Feel free to call me or e-mail me.

Thanks for hanging with me!

No comments: