Friday, June 6, 2008

Topsail Island 08 Day 1

We arrived at our cottage at midnight and decided that leaving home at bedtime was definitely the way to go! Sam slept most of the way and there was no traffic. Of course, even though we were all up until 2, we were still up at 6:15!

Things are different on vacation. Even me. Sam asked for chips for breakfast...and I said sure! Daddy couldn't believe it, but hey, we're at the beach. That's my reply to everything this week.
Our first day at the beach was fabulous! The water wasn't too cold and the breeze was perfect. Sam has no interest in the water yet, though. Last year we couldn't keep him out of it so we're hoping by the end of the week he'll enjoy it.

Here's my favorite picture so far:

I just had to get a picture of Sam's beach hair:
Just one more of Sam on the beach:
And this is how the day ended...with Putter and Daddy fast asleep.
Don't worry. I don't plan on writing a blog each beach day.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Glad you guys are having fun and getting to relax! We'll see you when you get back...