Saturday, June 28, 2008

I said I never would...but I did!

Sam drives us crazy walking around with sticks yelling "Pow!" We're those parents who don't want our child playing guns and refuse to encourage his games. However, I bought my kid a gun yesterday...and it may have been the best $2.30 I've spent in a long time!

I bought him a little bubble maker that he can use to make bubbles for himself. Let's face it, as much as I love watching bubbles and as much as I love the joy they bring Sam, I HATE blowing bubbles! I even go so far as to hide the bubbles whenever I notice them sitting out. I know. Sometimes I am NOT a good mother. But, to redeem myself, I've been looking for something automated that Sam could actually use himself...that would also serve to get me off the hook! This bubble gun was almost perfect! (If only it weren't a gun!) He has enjoyed playing with it lots today. And, believe it or not, he has not once pretended it was a gun. Not one "Pow!" today! Go figure!

So, now I get to sit back and take lots and lots of pictures while Sam gets to enjoy creating lots and lots of bubbles. It's a win-win situation, really.

Here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures I took today:

No comments: