Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ABC's and 123's

My little smarty actually knows some letters! Being the reading teacher that I am, I have "tested" him with different letters (magnetic and in books) and he seems to know o, x, c, Q, z and p pretty well. (Although, b and d are also called p!...but I'm not worried, yet) It is lots of fun to hear him sing the Alphabet song.

His counting has also suddenly gotten better. He's now starting with one (most times) and can get to 6 and sometimes 10! He's been counting "1..2..3..go!" and running across the room to throw himself on the cushions a lot lately. We encourage the rough housing--it seems to be improving his counting skills!

I can't tell you how much fun it is watching Sam learn and figure things out. Oh, gotta go! Sam wants to show me how he alphabetized all his books! :)

No comments: