Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where's Spot?

This entry is dedicated to my Reading Recovery Friends!

I was working on getting a video the other night of Sam reading Where's Spot so that you could see Sam's 1:1 and how he reads with expression. He was being a little stubborn, but I did capture this pretty impressive video. Sam already reads his name and the word book. (He'll spell book for you, too!) But if I'm not mistaken, I think he noticed the word no in the book. He had just finished reading Dear Zoo and went on to pick up Where's Spot. You can almost see the smoke pouring out (or lightbulb coming on) as he compares the two books. I thought he was thinking about the alligator. Boy was I surprised! I know I lost a powerful teaching moment, but I was holding the camera and wasn't prepared for what he was giving me. Enjoy the short video and please feel free to let me know if I'm just imagining the brilliance. By the way, Sam turned 2.5 two days after this video.



UPDATE: The day after I wrote this entry, I got a video of Sam reading Where's Spot and The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear. If ever a child read with expression...



Oh, yeah. Here's Sam's latest LID:

No comments: