Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cake Wreck-y

This post reminds me of one of my favorite blogs, Cake Wrecks. Often, an inspiration cake is shown followed by the cake wreck.

Sam's babysitter, Ms. Pat, loved Sam's Halloween costume. She has been asking me to send him wearing his hat with his overalls ever since. Monday morning, I finally remembered to do so. Sam was all dressed up in his overalls and wearing the cute hat. He was also taking his trains to play with, which made for an even cuter picture. Speaking of picture, did I get a picture? No! Sam wet his pants just as we were all trying to get out the door. Scott and I ran a coordinated effort to round up a new outfit, strip Sam, and get him dressed again in about 20 seconds!

After washing clothes Monday evening, we tried again Tuesday evening to make Sam look like this:


Photobucket

I did get a picture this morning, even though I was running very late, because I had to show you how Sam insisted on leaving the house:

Photobucket

It is almost the end of January, right?

Photobucket

He even added the "Ho, ho, ho!" Of course, after looking at this picture, I guess he could have been saying "Yo, yo, yo!" (In my head, that sounded like a rapper!)

What is it they say about best laid plans? Sorry, Ms. Pat. We'll try again another day!

No comments: