Sunday, January 18, 2009

Memory Keeper

Why do I write this blog?

I love to write. I was always a journal-er at heart, but could never follow through. This forum motivates me.

I love reading blogs.

This is an easy way for friends and family to keep up with us.

If I had started this blog before Sam was born, I'd be able to remember when he had all his firsts. But I didn't, so now I have to find pictures and check the dates on the pictures. This blog allows me to document all that is important to me.

I have no problem bragging about my son and my husband.

______________________________

In the spirit of documenting my memories, I have to record a few things Sam has said recently that have cracked me up.

Sam has a great vocabulary. He uses lots of big words and I love how he experiments with the new words and applies them to new situations. For example, one night at dinner, he turned the lights down low with the dimmer switch and said he wanted the lights adagio. I thought that was so clever! Another night, while taking a shower, he touched his leg and told me the water was spicy.

Sam has always asked for chocolate milk. But for some reason, and I have no explanation as to why, two days ago he started asking for "chocolate milk and milk." He has asked several times. Tonight, he asked again and I guess I gave him a quizzical look. He quickly held one hand in the air, looked at it, and said "Chocolate milk." Then put the other hand in the air, looked at it, and said "Milk." Without skipping a beat, he put his hands together and said "Both." Then he looked at me like "Duh!" So, I got up without saying a word, gathered the milk and chocolate syrup, and offered a demonstration. I poured the milk in the cup. "Milk." I poured chocolate syrup into the cup. "Chocolate." I put the lid on the shook it. I opened the cup and showed him. "Chocolate Milk." Sam smiled and said "Yay! Chocolate milk!" I'm not sure if we worked out that confusion or not. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

See, I had a few more to record, but since I didn't write them down, I can't remember then. Sometimes being ADD is a drag!

No comments: