Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cause for Celebration!

Wow! Getting Sam potty trained finally feels like an attainable goal! It has cost me a small chunk of change in bribes, but he has been poopin' in the potty without fail for a week now. No small feat I tell you. And, we've only left the house twice since last Friday (except to go to his babysitter's house yesterday) and both times he had no lapses. The first trip, I let him wear a pull-up and he kept it dry. Last night, with Daddy finally home from Ohio, we went to dinner and I decided to keep him in underwear. Daddy's words were "I just want to go on record as saying that I am not responsible if he wets his pants because I don't think it's a good idea." "Fine," I said. "You're on the record." Oh, yea of little faith! Imagine my pride when Sam went 2 hours without wetting his pants! I believe Scott said something like "See, Sam. I tried to tell your Mommy you could do it!" Uh-huh.

Another celebration! Sam looked at the Fisher-Price label on the front of his potty the other day and said "It's my computer!" He was exactly right! His computer has the same Fisher-Price label on it. Folks! That's reading! Speaking of his computer, I can't recommend Fisher-Price's Computer Cool School enough. Sam already recognizes some numbers and I know that it is solely from playing the math game on his computer. I tell you, it is only a matter of time before the kid has his own blog!

Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: