Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grams!

In honor of my birthday, today, I spent a few minutes restoring a few picture of me as a wee babe. (I am LOVING Photoshop!)



This one reminds me of Sam:




This picture is one of my most prized possessions. You know, the 5 things you would grab if your house were on fire.


About 10 years ago, my parents found a roll of film packed away and had it developed. This picture, along with the same shot of my mom and one of my dad were on the roll. They had the three pictures framed together and gave them to me for Christmas. If you've been in my house, you've seen it. I will treasure it for the rest of my life.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that today is also my Grandmother's birthday! We used to spend New Year's Eve together and go out in the yard at midnight to light sparklers. I always loved having the same birthday as Grams. We were hoping that Sam would have the same birthday as my mom, but Dr. Dave took him about 2 hours too early. (Not that I minded a bit!) Anyway, here's my Grams!

This year on Christmas Day:

And meeting Sam for the first time:


(Click on this picture to see the little red birds that remind me of my Grams.)

No comments: