Monday, May 4, 2009

I ♥ Faces Week 17 “Hats”

I’m pulling out an oldie but a goodie this week for my kids entry. But that’s ok because entering always helps learn something. My favorite new learning recently has been the term “catchlights.” This photo has catchlights. Can you spot them? Anyway, by digging through my archives for this photo, I spent more time stretching my legs in Photoshop trying some things in post-production. I’m learning all about cropping, adding effects and actions, enhancing colors and making adjustments. In the end, all I did was find a crop that spoke to me, tweaked the blue in his eyes just a little, enhanced the red jacket a bit and called it a day. I wish I knew how to do more with skin tone but that’s for another day! So, without further ado, my entry for this weeks contest:

Sam at Q Cup entry

I can’t publish the other photos in this entry, but tomorrow I will post the original, along with several other crops. It’s interesting to see the difference that cropping makes. And those who know me may wonder why I didn't enter this picture, but I had already used it as an entry and you can't use a photo twice. I know, it totally fit the theme! I was bummed! But I hope this one works, too!

Please visit I Faces and check out the amazing entries and leave them some love! It is so much fun to see the photos!

13 comments:

Rebekah said...

Such beautiful blue eyes!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

What a gorgeous little thing.

tiarastantrums said...

oh my - those blue blue eyes

April said...

Now, THAT'S a keeper!

Nina said...

So adorable!

Erica said...

beautiful eyes! wow!

Jessi said...

Wow, look at those eyes!

the monkeys' mama said...

wow! those eyes are killer. Amazing!

Unknown said...

I am a total sucker for blue eyes...Great shot!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I belong to the Catchlight Flickr group, someone on there invited me. I think it's cool.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Fantastic pic!!!!!!! What a cutie, and OH those eyes! I am also trying to sludge my way through Photoshop...there's just so much to learn! I'd love to learn how to do actions. I just need to take the time to sit down and teach myself. :) Good work!

Alicia W. said...

Those eyes are amazing!

AJ said...

What a cutie!