Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coolest Mom Ever?

I am quickly losing control over Sam’s birthday this year.  And I am enjoying every minute of it!

Tuesday is Sam’s 3rd birthday.  We’re having his party that day rather than waiting for the weekend.  Let me preface this post by saying that his 1st and 2nd birthday parties were pretty low-key.  Friends and family in the backyard, a conservative amount of gifts, no real hoopla to speak of.  But this year…well, Sam is just so much stinkin’ fun right now that I can’t help myself!

I’ve collected so many little clearance priced goodies over the past few weeks that it really makes no difference in the savings department.  Not to mention that I chose a theme this year that is commercially available…so, no handmade decorations from me!  And we’re actually having a very small destination party.  We have booked his party at the brand-new Monkey Joe’s.  A few of his closest friends will join us for pizza, ice cream, cupcakes and lots and lots of bouncing!

So, the theme this year is “Little Einsteins” because that is Sam’s most favorite show right now.  And Scott and I LOVE the show as well.  Here is a look at some of the goodies for the party including the invitation that I created in Photoshop and e-mailed to everyone. 

Sam's 3rd birthday invite copy

LittleEinsteinsTopPic2-675x346

Today, while working on a book for Sam, I literally stumbled upon the coolest thing ever!  Scott and I, with help from all the grandparents, were planning on buying Sam a huge inflatable bouncer.  He LOVES bouncing in those things and we figured it would keep him busy all summer and burn lots of calories!  Well, today, by sheer luck, I found and ordered this:

0089954200047_500x500

Words cannot describe how hard it is to contain my excitement!  I cannot wait to see Sam’s face when he walks into the backyard and sees it!  I’m going to videotape the reaction for my parents since they won’t be here to see it.

Another thing I’m really excited about is the book I made for him.  He is starting to read so I kept the pages free from distractions and supportive of learning directionality and one-to-one correspondence.  Each text page is the left-hand page.  I really think he’s going to love it!  Take a look from cover to cover and notice Sam sitting in Rocket with the kids!

Front coverdedication pageI like little einsteins text pagei like little einsteins picture pateI like leo text pageI like leo picture page copyI like annie text pageI like annie picture page I like quincy text pageI like quincy picture pageI like june text pageI like june picture page I like rocketI like rocket picture pagewe've got a mission text pagewe've got a mission picture pagewe're on our way text pagewe're on our way picture pagego rocket text pageGo rocket picture pagewe can help you text pagewe can help you picture pagemission completion text pagemission completion picture pagelet's clap for sam text pageclap for sam picture page with texthappy birthday sam picture and text pageback cover

I’ll be busy until after the party on Tuesday, but I’ll be sure to post pictures!  I can’t believe my little boy is turning 3!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

You won't regret getting that bouncy thing, we got one about 6 years ago and my kids still play on it...in the backyard and in the basement in the winter!

It's great exercise, too. Man, he's going to be so shocked when he sees it!